Benny Dayal Biography
Benny Dayal was born on 13th May, 1984 in the city of Kollam, Kerala, India. He did his initial schooling from Abu Dhabi, UAE and later went to Madras Christian College to complete his graduation in B.Com. After he completed his graduation from MCC, he did a diploma in Journalism from the same college.
Benny got married to his long time model girlfriend Catherine Thangam in a close-knit ceremony in Bengaluru.
Benny Dayal was born and brought up in Abu-Dhabi, Dubai. He completed his schooling from Abu Dhabi Indian School in Abu Dhabi, Dubai. He went on to complete his B. Com and Masters in Journalism from Madras Christian College.
Dayal worked as an Event Coordinator with RR Donnelley. He quit his job in BPO to accomplish his career with music.
After getting his interests in music he form his own band named S5 Band.
Benny Dayal had formed a band named S5 is an Indian pop band formed in 2004. The members of the band are Benny Dayal, Anaitha Nair, Suvi Suresh, Bhargavi Pillai and Arjun Sasi. They were the winners of the first SS Music voice hunt competition.
The band’s only album “Isai” (English: “music”) with 8 songs in Tamil language composed by Praveen Mani was released in March, 2005.
They later sung and performed all songs for the Malayalam movie By the People. They also recorded a song “Vaa endru koopidum” as a band for composer Yuvan Shankar Raja for a movie named “Vyuham”, but it was never released.
After one year the contract came to an end and the band split. Since then, all of them are pursuing their own careers. Benny Dayal has become a famous playback singer, Suvi Suresh has sung many hit songs in Tamil and Bhargavi Pillai in Telugu, while Anaitha Nair has become a Bollywood actress.
He made his acting debut in the Malayalam movie ‘By The People‘ and showed his acting skills and impressed the director as well as audience along with his ‘S5 Partners’. The film was a suspense thriller and all the songs were sung by S5 members and it was during that time when A.R. Rahman noticed him, took an audition and as they say rest is history.
Benny Dayal has got many more upcoming projects in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam languages as far as his singing is concerned. After churning out some hit numbers of A.R. Rahman, he is well on his way to become a permanent singer to be featured in his upcoming films as well and it’s a momentary achievement.
Benny Dayal, like every other artists he has also played in front of audiences and gave a remarkable performance.
After getting successfully launched in Bollywood film industry after the recognition of A.R Rahman, Benny had piled up a few live performances in his career.
He had performed live in many cities and countries all over the world. With his melodious voice and soulful songs like.
- Rehna tu – from Delhi 6
- Lat Lag gayi – Race 2
- Rootha – TE3N
- Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gayi – Gajini.
He brings so much of joy and emotion in his voice that listeners just get along with him and follows him in his rhythmic songs.
Following is the list of places where Benny Dayal had performed till now –
- IIT jodhpur, on 23 February 2020
- Riviera 2020, VIT Vellore, on 13 February 2020
- Imperium 2019, Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- Festember 2019, National Institute of technology, Tiruchirapalli
- At Bacardi NH7 Weekender, Pune on 7 December 2018.
- Redbull Music festival, Kochi, 24 November 2018
- At Goa (Royal Enfield Raider Maniya) Live in concert on 19 November 2017.
- Manipal Institute of Technology on 11 March 2017 as part of Revels, the annual cultural festival of MIT.
- At IIT Hyderabad (ELAN- NVISION) Live in Concert on 21 January 2017
- At PBWA Powai Sarvajanin Durgotsav—Live in Concert on 21 October 2015
- Spirit of Wipro Run 2015 – Wipro Limited, Bangalore on 20 September 2015
- Zephyr 2013, the annual cultural festival of Orissa Engineering College in Bhubaneswar
- 2013 – Annual Cultural Fest, Siliguri Institute of Technology, Siliguri, West Bengal.
- SSN College of Engineering on 5 March 2010, with Stephen Devassy and others
- Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy, Tanjore as a part of the cult fest Kuruksastra in 2009
- NIT Calicut on 26 March 2009 as part of the cultural festival Ragam ’09
Songs in other languages
Apart from Hindi language songs Benny Dayal has also sang songs in many different languages like Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malyalam, Gujarati, Marathi and Bengali.
Benny Dayal has been highly recognized not only in Hindi language films but with different languages films as well. His tone of voice and style of singing has given him so much of talent and face around the globe.
Following are some of his famous songs in
- O Nenje
- Chikku Bukku
- Step Step
- Sirikkalam Parakkalam
- Gum Gum Yeyo
- Bhoome Gundranga
- Vegam Vegam
- Sugar Honey
- Aaramam nirangal
- By the People
- O Modhu I Love You
- Party All Night
- Badtameez Dil
- Pepsi ki Kasam
- Naach Meri Jaan
- Lucky Tu Lucky Mein
- Ude Dil Befikre
- A.R Rahman – Jaane Tu…Ya Jaane Na, Yuvraaj, Love Aaj Kal 2, Baba(Tamil), Sivaji(Balleilakka), Azhagiya Tamil Magan, Sakkarakatti (Tamil).
- Salim- Sulaiman – Rocketsingh , Pyaar Impossible, Tarkeebein, Band Baja Baraat, Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl, Jodi Breakers, Heroine, Chakravyuh.
- Pritam – Golmaal Returns(Vacancy), Badmaash Company (Badmaash Company), Always Kabhie Kabhie, Cocktain, Lat Lag Gayi, Ye Jawani Hain Deewani, Phata Poster NIkla Hero.
- Vishal – Shekhar – Hasee Toh Phasee, Bang Bang, Befikre, War,
- Filmfare Award – RD Burman Award for New Music Talent – Kaise Mujhe (Gajini)
- Stardust Award – New Musical Sensation – Pappu Can’t Dance Sala (Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na)
- Ananda vikadan Cinema Awards – Best playback singer – male.